Dry, irritated, painful eyes are easily treatable.
Do you suffer from dry, watery irritable eyes? By analysing your tears with TearLab™, we can quickly determine the likely cause of your problem, and then solve it. We were the first opticians in Hampshire to have invested in ‘Tear Lab’, a revolutionary system which measures the ‘osmolarity’ (composition) of human tears to aid the diagnosis and treatment of Dry Eye Disease. We can give you an accurate diagnosis in minutes and provide the appropriate treatment plan to manage your symptoms.
What is Dry Eye Disease?
Many people visit their optician because of the symptoms of dry eye, but it is still one of the most commonly underdiagnosed eye conditions. The reason for this is that Dry Eye is often mistaken for external causes such as allergies, climate conditions or just “eyestrain”.
Dry eye actually occurs when your eyes don’t produce the right quality or quantity of tears.
How do I know if I have dry eye?
Stinging, burning, scratchy sensations
Sensitivity to light
Difficulty wearing contact lenses
Irritation from eyes and smoke
How is Dry Eye Disease treated?
Depending on the results of your examination there is a range of treatment options including
- Heatable eye bag
- Eye drops and cleansers (we have a range to choose from depending on your TearLab™ results)
- Follow up call after two weeks to check how you are getting on
A follow up visit after six weeks
How is it diagnosed?
Our comprehensive dry eye assessment involves a relaxed 45 minute private consultation and includes
- Discussion of your symptoms
- Analysis of the content of your tears using TearLab™ technology
- Infra –red digital imaging of the glands in your eyelids
- Tests to exclude any surface damage to your eye
- Full explanation of the results